home of wool treasures and primitive goods


Thursday, May 23, 2013

My redo of a Child's chair....

I have been wanting an old wood childs high chair for my kitchen forever.  If I found one, the price was either unreal, or the high chair was too big for the kitchen of the house we were currently living in (military and moving around a lot)...
 
I have the sweetest friend, Mandy of Bittersweet Folkart, who has a booth at a local antique shop...Anyway, found this chair and I fell in love....
 
OK, I should have taken a "before" picture, but I forgot....The chair had been repaired, but I decided to fill in the cracks some more---this is the picture with the wood filler--YEP, does look awful!!!  but nothing a little sanding and stain can not fix....
 
Sanded and half way done.  I filled in here and there with some black paint also....to look a little more antique:


 
       TA DA!! done and I love it, just letting it dry....

I grabbed one of my dollies and put her in the chair....LOVE IT!!!  and will work for now... I am making a larger doll soon to sit in the "chair of honor" in my kitchen....but for now this one will do. LOVING IT......
Thanks to Mandy...check her stuff out at...http://bittersweetfolkartprimitives.blogspot.com/
 
 
Going to get to work on a new wool piece.   Am using the last of an old Army Banket of my husbands to make a pillow with the wording "SIMPLIFY" on it...just a reminder to us all that life does not have to be so complicated......
 
Have a fantastic weekend my friends,
Margaret
 





2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful ..you did a great job
    thanks for sharing ~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandy.....I am so glad you found this chair so it could find its way into my home...Looks like it was always meant to sit right there!!!

    ReplyDelete